Soar upTake a walk through the history of KIAST’s journey to the future.
- Jun 24Assistant administration for UAM(Urban Air Mobility) Team Korea
- May 3Operation for domestic drone information desk
- Jan 21National Comprehensive Flight Testing Infrastructure (Goheung) Operation commencement
- Embarkation of certification tasks for composite materials for aircraft, the first in KorDec 20
- Breaking ground for drone certification center (Incheon)Mar 27
- Oct 25Consignment of aviation security equipment's performance certification
- August 17Consignment contract for aviation safety management by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
- July 6Kim, Yeon-myung, the Third president, in office
- April 2Relocation of safety certification inspection office for LSA(Gongju Shinpoong → Incheon Cheongna)
- January 22Signing of KIAST-NLR Memorandum of Understanding for international collaborative research
- January 1Started consigned operation of drone company support hub (Pangyo)
- Started construction of 3 flight test sites for drone(Yeongwol, Boeun, and Goseong)December 13
- Consignment tasks to foster and revitalize the unmanned aviation industryNovember 10
- Consignment for safety criteria inspection of special flight conformity on unmanned aerial vehicles(Drone)November 07
- Relocation of safety certification inspection office for ULV & LSA(Korea Transportation Safety Authority)November 03
- Consignment for analysis of aviation safety data and international standard researchJuly 17
- KIAST-Incheon Business agreement contract to foster aviation industryMay 10
- Designated as inspection institution for KASS* performance certification test* KASS (Korean Augmentation Satellite System) is Korea's ultra-precision GPS calibration system. KASS is an air navigation system that improves the accuracy of position information through real-time calibration of GPS errors within 3 mFebruary 22
- March 15Jeong, Yeon-seok, the second president, in office
- November 03Designated as authorized safety certification institution for light sport aircrafts and ultra-light vehicles (Effective from November 3, 2017)
- April 15Designated as a specialized inspection organization such as aircraft type certification
- November 24KIAST officially converted from ASTC
- November 22Converted to the aviation safety technology institute as a legal organization (enforcement of the aviation safety technology institute law)
- November 19Act on Korea Institute of Aviation Safety Technology legislated (Effective from November 22, 2014).
- July 14Designated as an inspection organization for performance conformity certification of navigation safety facilitiesv
- May 21Enacted for Aviation Safety Technology Institute Act
- January 24Designated as other public institution
- April 19ASTC officially established.
- March 01Lee, Gyeong-tae, the first president, in office.
- January 10Established the Aviation Safety Technology Center, a non-profit foundation