Soar upTake a walk through the history of KIAST’s journey to the future.
- Jun 24Designated as an UAM Team Korea Secretariat Institution
- May 3Operated domestic drone Help Desk
- Jan 21National Comprehensive Flight Testing Infrastructure (Goheung) Operation commencement
- Launched an Airplane composite material Certification for the first time in koreaDec 20
- Launched Drone Certification Center constructionMar 27
- Oct 24Introduced Aviation Security Equipments Certification System
- July 6Kim, Yeon-myung, the Third president, in office
- January 22Signing of KIAST-NLR Memorandum of Understanding for international collaborative research
- Certified as a family-friendly public institution (by Ministry of Gender Equality and Family)December 19
- Designated as testing institution for special drone flight November 10
- Safety inspection work for light sport aircraft and ultra-light vehicles transferred to KIAST.November 03
- KIAST-Incheon Business agreement contract to foster aviation industryMay 10
- Designated as inspection institution for KASS* performance certification test* KASS (Korean Augmentation Satellite System) is Korea's ultra-precision GPS calibration system. KASS is an air navigation system that improves the accuracy of position information through real-time calibration of GPS errors within 3 mFebruary 22
- March 15Jeong, Yeon-seok, the second president, in office
- November 03Designated as authorized safety certification institution for light sport aircrafts and ultra-light vehicles (Effective from November 3, 2017)
- April 15Designated as specialized aircraft certification and inspection institution
- November 24KIAST officially converted from ASTC
- November 19Act on Korea Institute of Aviation Safety Technology legislated (Effective from November 22, 2014).
- July 14Designated as quality inspection institution for air navigation safety facilities
- May 21Act on Korea Institute of Aviation Safety Technology announced (Enforcement from November 22, 2014)
- January 24Designated as a public institution (non-classified public institution) according to Article 6 of Act on the Management of Public Institutions
- April 19ASTC officially established.
- March 01Lee, Gyeong-tae, the first president, in office.
- January 10Establishment of Aviation Safety Technology Center as a foundation corporation permitted by Article 32 of Civil Act