Failures, Defects, and Malfunctions Analysis
Aircraft failure, defect, and malfunction analysis aims to acquire accident prevention technologies, including the country’s overall analysis capabilities concerning information collection, investigation, and management activities that are required to maintain airworthiness.
Grounds for Execution
- Subparagraph 5 of Article 58 (1)(Aviation Safety Program, etc.)
- Article 135 (8)(Entrustment and Delegation of Authority) of the Aviation Safety Act and Subparagraph 3 of Article 26 (10)(Entrustment and Delegation of Authority) of the Enforcement Decree of the Aviation Safety Act
(10) In accordance with Article 135 (8) of the Aviation Safety Act, the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport shall entrust each of the following affairs to the Korea Institute of Aviation Safety Technology under the Aviation Safety Technology Institute Act.
3. Research and analysis of information with regard to failures, defects or malfunctions of aircraft and other equipment and parts, reported to the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport under Article 33 of the Aviation Safety Act
- Article 6(Businesses)
Article 6(Businesses) The Institute shall perform the following businesses in order to achieve its purpose under Article 1.
1. Aircraft structural defect analysis, and research on and support for improvement measures for the purpose of issuing orders including airworthiness directives (AD) pursuant to Article 23 (8)